Friday, March 13, 2009

I am a MOM

Ok, I have been a Mom for almost 4 years now... I often wonder how I got that title?!? I am constantly reminded of it everyday. Mason calls me Maaaaaaaammmmmm, with this whiney drone; Mama, so sweet and sickening when he wants something; and Mommy, when he is hurt. Miller only knows how to say MaMaMaMa....which melts my heart everytime he mumbles it. But seriously, I am not sure how cut out I am to be a MOM! I mean, I LOVE my kids more than anything in this entire world and feel incredibly blessed to have my children, including everything that comes with them, like worms in pockets, snotty noses, ear piercing shrills, and dirty diapers! I feel like this past week I have been put to the test though. You see.... I have been SICK! How I would love for my MOM to come and give me some chicken soup, rub my back, get me meds, make me tea.... Nope, I am the Mom now and instead of sitting on my rear watching re-runs of Afterschool Specials on TLC, being taken care of.... I am going to the store, making dinner, doing dishes, wiping rears, picking up toys, folding laundry, etc etc etc... all you Mom's....you know the drill. I don't know why I feel like I should be complaining about this, but I am. I am just plain SPENT! You may be wondering where my husband is during all of this? Well, he is sick too.... So, there you have it...... I am clocking out as MOM right now, even if it is only for a second.

No comments: