Sunday, May 24, 2009

A Spot of Tea



I am about to be an "Auntie" again to another baby GIRL! I figured it was (most likely) my last shot at throwing a baby shower. I have been to a few "teas" before and thought it would be a perfect way to celebrate my sister and her baby to be.
I never realized how much work goes into a tea. I couldn't have done it without my super talented Mom, who insisted on the fine china, silverware, and pressed table cloths. On the Menu...Tea Sandwiches, Scones from a local bakery, Fennel & Goat Cheese Salad, Fruit Salad, Chocolate Covered Strawberries, Lemon Berry Angel Food Cake, TEA (of course), and quite a few bottles of Champagne. It was a beautiful day for a beautiful Mother. I am planning on blogging more about the food on my "New" blog... http://nanasdrawer.blogspot.com
For now, here are a few pics of the day.

Name the Famous Baby Mama... Stef won, she knew all the Famous Mom's and their kids names (First and Middle Names!)... I think she reads US Weekly.

Tea Sandwiches

Cake and decor



My Mother and her girls...

2 comments:

The Meet-Cute said...

You are so talented and your party was perfect. Love ya!!

Sara said...

Wish I could have been there. Looks like it was beautiful. Miss you tons! xoxox