Thursday, January 8, 2009

The Cavity Store

Mason has had this obsession lately with TEETH. It stems back from his cousins, who have fillings and he just thinks cavities are so cool. He also loves Yo Gabba Gabba and they have an episode on teeth and the tooth fairy. Well, today was his dentist appointment. He was so excited to go to the CAVITY STORE. I quickly told him that cavities are NOT cool and you definitely don't want them because it hurts when they fill them. Ironically enough, the kid has a cavity?!? WHAT? I was shocked...well, I guess not totally shocked because he is a sugar fein. I sort of feel like a crappy parent because my son has a cavity at 3 years old! I was in my 20's when I had my first one. We brush twice a day (well, we can be bad about brushing after breakfast...I can admit that), don't eat that many sweets (although Mason is known to find the sugar stashes), and we definitely don't drink sodas. I am feeling like a bit of a dental hygiene failure at the moment:(

**thanks Greta for showing me how to change the font and colors!

No comments: