Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Man Land

We went to heaven this past weekend...well, heaven it is for a family of waterskiiers, dirt bike riders, and lizards! They call it Man Land... I can even call it "Wo-Man land." It is true that it is a haven for men, but I loved it too.


You see...I used to love to waterski. I was even on the UC Davis waterski team back in my college days. It was my sorority, my social network, my "drinking team with a waterski problem." Going out to Cheyenne Lakes took me back, way back to the days where I could hardly unscrew the lid to my toothpaste because I was so sore, back to the days where my right leg had a mysterious bruise appear from the spray, back to the days where I chickened out on the 3 & 5 ball! But it felt GOOD! It felt great to get back behind the boat and have a good tug-a-war. I can't even tell you how I have missed it.

Mike is quite the skiier too, but what I didn't know about him is that he is a GOOD dirtbike rider! Really, for NEVER doing it...he has some skill. I am not going to lie, it made me super nervous to see him out there on that track, but I guess I have to get used to it. I have 2 boys that are sure to be mini-Mike's and be thrill-seekers like their Dad. Mason is already there. He would not leave the garage where the dirtbikes & quads were. I think it is funny that he loves the idea of riding a dirtbike but hates the loud noises they make! He is going to have to get over that soon.





I hope there are many more trips to Man-Land in our future!

2 comments:

Carol said...

Sounds like your trip was a blast. I've seen you water ski before, and you're pretty bad a#@*s. Adorable pics of the kids. :-)

Alexis said...

That looks like so much fun! Still wish it rained men...